We need a full stack engineer to help work on a number of smaller projects that never quite make it off the todo list onto the “do” list. If you can help us deliver all the small but valuable things that our clients are crying out for then we are interested in talking to you.
What you already have:
- Experience building small backend services as part of a bigger environment
- 2+ years commercial experience of PHP. Our existing sites and some other components are built using it.
- 2+ years experience with Java or another JVM-based language. Our core services are written in a mixture of Java and Scala and some work there will be inevitable. Training in Scala will be given as required.
- A good visual eye for user interfaces and an instinct for creating a good user experience
- 2+ years writing raw SQL beyond just simple select statements
- Familiarity with unit/integration testing
- Good interpersonal skills and a great team attitude
- The ability to quickly learn new things and adapt
What we’d like you to have in an ideal world:
- Experience with browser based testing e.g. Selenium, Watir, Windmill
- Commercial experience with Angular. We are currently embarking on a big project to move all our existing sites over and we’re planning to build all new functionality using it.
- Familiarity with working on a number of websites with a mixture of common code and a high degree of customization.
- Some experience of the online casino industry
- Familiarity with writing business intelligence or analytics applications
How we approach things:
- A small company, can-do ethos
- We focus on getting stuff done, not on process or management hierarchy
- Working remotely but communicating regularly
- Sharing expertise and learning from others to keep improving as a team
- A flexible working schedule
- Working remotely or in the Malta office as best suits you
- Talking directly to clients to work out what they actually want
- Delivering targeted small solutions across our sites, backoffice and backend as needed
- Diagnosing and fixing production issues
- Taking part in code reviews
- Not being phased by the strange variety of things that need doing in a small growing company
- Being proactive and not just waiting to be told the next thing to do
- Finding better ways that we can get things done
Kindly submit your Cover Letter and CV to